Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thing #18: Social Networking

Thing #18: Social Networking

Facebook and Twitter users are exponentially increasing every day. As a teacher, most of your students are going to be active users of both websites. Thus, it is important as an educator be to knowledgeable about these social networking websites.

As an active user of Facebook, I would like to say that I am very familiar with the site and how it works. I even have the Facebook app for my Iphone. It is fairly self-explanatory. However, I did attempt to use Twitter about a year ago and I did not like it at all. Needless to say, I did not enjoy reading what everyone is having for lunch, or all of the errands everyone is running that day. It was a little confusing to use as well.

I personally like Facebook better because you can hide people's posts if they always post obnoxious things, you can block users from seeing your profile, and you can message others so no one can see it. As a teacher, I could make a page for my classes that I am teaching and upload links to homework assignments. I could also update my status to include homework assignments etc. Twitter could also be used for this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment