Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thing #16: Igoogle

Thing #16: Igoogle

For this exercise, I chose to create a start page using Igoogle. I chose this application because Google has proven to be the easiest and fastest method to do most technological things on the Internet. I chose well, because it took me 30 seconds to create a start page that contained soooo many of my personal interests. Of course, it will take a little longer to tweak it to be just the way I want it, but it was incredibly fast. I will definitely be using it as my homepage.

Online calenders are so useful because you can insert dates of important things, such as meetings, classes, etc. I am not sure that I would use it because I have a written planner that I consult every day. I would most likely forget to insert my important dates or to check the online calender. However, for business people, I could imagine how beneficial it would be.

I really like the to-do list because you can write a comprehensive list of things that you need to accomplish. Because I am a Type A personality, I like to be organized and have everything I need to accomplish written down. However, I prefer a hand written copy of my to do list in my planner that I consult every day. Sometimes technology cannot replace the old-fashioned hard copy.

I would definitely recommend using a start page. Sometimes you get on the computer and have a million things that you need to access in one sitting. Using your homepage, or start page, you can customize it to include all of your most frequently used applications and web pages. Therefore, all of your information is accessible in one page.

No comments:

Post a Comment