Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thing #6: Youtube

Thing #6: Youtube

When I was looking at the list of the top 100 Web 2.0 tools, I found that I was at least familiar with some of them. For example, I have a Facebook account, as I am sure all of you have as well, and I usually check it daily. Similarly, I have used Amazon to buy textbooks, Paypal to pay for those books, Google, and Youtube (just to name a few).

One of the tools that I use all of the time is Youtube. I will admit that I generally use it to sit and watch motorcycle stunts with my two boys, but I also use it for all kinds of tutorials. I chose to explore Youtube because it is such an easy navigable tool for even novices. While playing around with Youtube, I found a video by Micheal Welden on how a teacher can use Web 2.0 tools in their classroom. Obviously, this video could be extremely useful to any teacher who wants to begin incorporating technology into the classroom.

The only aspect of Youtube that I dislike is that anyone can upload a video on Youtube. Therefore, the reliability and validity of the video comes into play. I wish there was a professionals tab, where videos posted by professionals could be accessed. Other than that, Youtube is a fantastic tool that teachers can use in order to learn new skills and to use as instructional aids in the classroom.

The video that I watched can be accessed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5QGZVaQqk

No comments:

Post a Comment