Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thing #11: Searching for Blogs

Thing #11: Searching for Blogs

When searching for blogs, I found the Google Blog Search the easiest. I just went to Google Reader and clicked on "subscribe." Once the search bar came up, I just typed in the topic for the blog I was looking for and it brought up blogs that matched the criteria. It was incredibly easy and I was able to find my friends' blogs and some blogs with English lesson plans.

I also tried to use Topix.net and I got very confused. It almost seemed like a search engine and gave me results that linked me to different websites. I may have used it incorrectly, but I was very lost.

I found all kinds of neat blogs. One of my friends has a blog about cooking, so I was able to find that one. I also found my friend's blog about her bulldog, which is really funny to read. Aside from locating blogs of people that I know, I found a few sites that were tailored for English teachers. There was one that had all kinds of lesson plans available and another one had tips and tricks for the English classroom.

Like I stated earlier, I found the blogs through Google Reader. I clicked on "subscribe" and it allowed me to search for certain topics. I'm not sure if I searched for blogs correctly through the other venues, but Google Reader was effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment