Monday, September 24, 2012

Thing #10: RSS Feeds

Thing # 10: RSS Feeds

      Setting up my RSS feed was so easy! I thought that the process would be difficult, but it was so simple. I love that I can subscribe to certain blogs and be able to easily access them anytime, rather than having to search for a particular blog every time I want to access it. Honestly, without the RSS feed, I probably would not follow blogs because it would be too difficult to locate the ones I would want to read every time. With the RSS feed, it was so easy to subscribe to a few blogs that I would want to read all the time.

     This type of technology has so many possibilities for use in my personal and teaching career. With regard to my personal life, I can easily follow my friends' blogs, subscribe to a cooking blog, or follow a beauty website. However, I could use the RSS feed to subscribe to blogs that are relevant to English, to follow blogs with ideas on teaching strategies, or follow a blog with lesson plan ideas. It would be incredibly simple to log on and follow only the blogs that are interesting to me.

     Teachers can utilize the RSS tool by subscribing to blogs and sites that will help them in their teaching career. With RSS, Google reader will update the teacher when the website has been updated. This way, the teacher can eliminate hours of searching a website for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment