Friday, August 31, 2012

Thing # 3: Oh, the Possibilities!

Thing # 3: Oh, the Possibilities!

As I learn more about how a blog works, I am beginning to see so many possibilities for their use in both my future classroom and my educational program. For example, I could create a blog cataloging all of the useful classroom strategies, nifty ideas, and reward systems that I have observed during my observation hours. In one particular classroom, the teacher used a raffle system that entered students into a weekly drawing based on classroom participation. The idea struck me as a wonderfully creative way to boost participation in a fun way. With a blog, I could record all of these ideas in one easily accessible place, and when I am creating my classroom, I can refer to my blog at any time.

Likewise, I could create a blog when I am a teacher. I could chronicle my experiences as a first-year teacher and get feedback from other veteran teachers. I could also keep a working database of any initiatives that I implement in my classroom, as well as whether they were positive experiences. Other teachers could post new ideas on how to tweak my methods to achieve higher results. These are just a few of the many possibilities for writing a blog, and I cannot believe that I have not started writing one before!


1 comment:

  1. I do agree that blogging would be a useful tool to apply to the ideas of what you are trying to pursue. By the way you are not the only one who is just being introduce to blogging, this is my first time as well. So hang in there.

    ReplyDelete