Friday, August 31, 2012

Thing # 2: The Wonderful World of Technology

Thing # 2: The Wonderful World of Technology

Welcome back everyone! I am going to begin today's blog with a little background on myself, which will allow you to begin to understand my quirky nature. My name is Miranda and I have an uninhibited fascination with words. The sound, the meaning, the connotation, and the syntax of words intrigues and delights me. My particular fascination, though, is with the innate beauty that words possess, their unfailing ability to paint a beautiful and vivid  picture in a readers mind. Naturally, my fascination with the English language has developed into a desire to become an English teacher. Now that you have a general sense of who I am and what my interests are, it may not surprise you why I chose Wordwhiz23things as my posting name.

Although it was fairly easy to choose my blog name and my posting name, the process of setting up my blog was not so simple. In fact, it was mildly confusing. I started following the directions, but became slightly confused after I set up my blogger account and was then prompted to choose a posting name and a blog name. I guess it just seemed like too many "names." My avatar, on the other hand, was pretty fun to create. I made it very similar to myself. My avatar's hair and glasses reflect my own appearance, as well as it's attire. Considering that I hate wearing skirts, I chose jeans and plain top. Too bad there weren't more options, though!

My experience thus far has been pretty interesting. I have learned a lot about how blogs work and have had fun choosing a template for my blog that I feel reflects my personality.




2 comments:

  1. Great blog name it really does reflect your interest and your desire to teach English. I think your attitude towards words will reflect in your teaching and your fascination will encourage your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your passion for the English language and how to use it to effectively communicate cuts through the blogosphere and grabs your reader. This passion will do you well when trying to reach our young adults who often view English class as a chore. Being able to communicate through the written word is often overlooked by students, but it is a vital skill that the workforce is screaming for. I know your approach will wake them up to this!

    ReplyDelete